Friday 31 December 2021

Review 2021 in Retrospect

2021 was the year of COVID-19 vaccines, but it was also the year of variants, the Omicron variant is the recently detected one. Now, 2021 has come to an end, but when will the Covid pandemic end, no one can answer yet, but people get used to working from home, virtual events, and entertainment, even felt numb to the Covid-19 cases and deaths. Compare to 2020, the pandemic is worsened in 2021, the implementation of the Movement Control Order (MCO) has limited my social activity, I couldn’t travel much, and not many events I can join. No doubt, 2021 is a boring year for me. 


Who and what I meet and lost in the year 2021?

MET

1. Friends from Interviewees
2. TIME WILL TELL, Studio album by Hebe Tien

LOST

1. Cikgu Lim, interviewee from my 2016 Kajang series


2. Taiwan Sakura Season and Spring Trip 2021
3. My 20s 
4. GSC Leisure Mall 
5. NTV7

What I have done in the year 2021?

1. Met my long-lost Popular Bookstore colleagues – Kheng Fatt and Jay, we work together in 2009


2. Organized a gathering called “18 Years Old Friends Gathering”,
this gathering was joined by my Popular Bookstore colleagues Kheng Fatt and Jay; and my National Service friend, I met them all when I am 18
















16. Rewrote WON’T CRY, BECAUSE OF LOVE and WHAT I MISS parodically to describe Covid-19 pandemic 

Conclusion: The outbreak of Covid-19 has opened my eyes to the virtual world, especially in virtual interviews and virtual gatherings. However, I still miss real-life gatherings and social activities.

Where I have travelled in the year 2021?
















10.     C U Mart




Conclusion:  I have spent a quarter of the year working from home and spent most of the year staying at home to avoid being exposed to this Covid virus. So, no much I can talk about in this section.

Which movie I have watched in the year 2021?



Conclusion:  Staying at home does not stop me from getting entertainment. I spent most of my 2021 in front of the laptop screen. I watched numerous Korean Drama, such as NAVILLERA, MOVE TO HEAVEN, SQUID GAME, THE SILENT SEA, HOMETOWN CHA-CHA-CHA,  WORK LATER DRINK NOW, MY ROOMMATE IS GUMIHO, MR QUEEN, HOSPITAL PLAYLIST 2, JIRISAN, NOW WE ARE BREAKING UP and OUR BELOVED SUMMER, and also the HK drama A LOVE OF NO WORDS that I watched apathetically.




Apart from what I can watch on my laptop screen, I am lucky enough to watch the 2 movies I stated above.

When was the most unforgettable day for me in the year 2021?

- This section remains empty for 2021 -

Conclusion: Just wanna say goodbye to 2021, and I pray all the best for 2022. Right now, I am watching Mayday Fly To 2022 Online Concert, this is the second year I countdown with Mayday online concert. Surprisingly, Jay Chou made a guest appearance. My favorite part was they perform Jay Chou’s TORNADO together. See you all in 2022.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Appreciation

Song of the Latest Post