Sunday 31 December 2023

Review 2023 in Retrospect


H
ello from Don Mueng Airport, Thailand, I just finished travelling to Thailand and waiting for my return flight. 2023 has been an incredible year, I revisited Terengganu state, South Korea and Thailand, explored many new places and made countless memories that will last a lifetime. 

Who and what I meet and lose in the year 2023?

MET

1. My long-lost Sarawakian friends – Soon Hung & Xiu Bin

2. My long-lost university and Lang Chao Drama Club friend - Wand Chih


3.     My long-lost Korean Friend – 관식
4. Friends from Interviewees
5. Friends when I travel to South Korea

LOST

1. Luggage that means a lot to me
2. GSC Berjaya Times Square
3. Ryu Jun Yeol and Hyeri couple, my favourite Korean celebrity couple


What I have done in the year 2023?

1. Joined a few university gatherings, with my PAP mates, my direct senior, my coursemate and Lang Chao Drama Club friends

2. Joined the “18 Years Old Friends Gathering” 

3. Reunited with my long lost Korean Friend – 관식 3 times, in 3 different countries, in 3 different seasons 

4. Travelled to Redang Island, which is also the first Peninsula East Coast Island I went

5. Travelled and explored Metro Prima, Putrajaya, UPM, Sungai Besi, and Sentul Barat by the newly fully launched MRT Putrajaya Line 

6. Travelled to Penang with ETS again after 5 years, experiencing the newly launched Penang Ferry

7. Travelled by train in Thailand

8. Took 12 watercraft rides while travelling to Redang Island, 2 boat rides while doing an interview about Klang River, and 1 ferry ride to Penang, so it’s a total of 13 watercraft rides this year, which is the most I have taken since I was born

9. Kuala Lumpur-Kuala Terengganu, Kuala Terengganu-Kuala Lumpur, Kuala Lumpur-Incheon, Gimpo-Jeju, Jeju-Gimpo, Incheon-Kuala Lumpur, Penang-Bangkok, Bangkok-Kuala Lumpur, so it’s a total of 8 flights I took this year, which is the most I have taken since I was born

10. Flew on a foreign airline for the first time

11. Flew abroad from an airport other than the main international airport for the first time

12. Overnight at Don Mueang International Airport and Incheon International Airport

13. Visited the Olympic Stadium and World Cup Stadium for the first time

14. Visited VAN GOGH ALIVE: THE IMMERSIVE EXPERIENCE EXHIBITION

15. Watched 2 performances – MAMA LOOKING FOR HER CAT and ROADS AWAIT at Kuala Lumpur Performing Art Centre (KLPAC)

16. Experienced daycation in KL Hotel 2 times

17. Swim in the rooftop pool for the first time

18. Swim in the sea for the first time

19. Experienced and learned snorkelling, it’s fun to snorkel with sea turtles


20. Experienced underwater photography for the first time 


21.   Experienced autumn for the first time

22. Attended Itaewon Halloween crowd crush tragedy memorial event

23. Attended Klang River Festival

24. Dined at MICHELIN Bib Gourmand award winner restaurant for the first time

25. Ate Mookata in Thailand for the first time (Mookata originated from Thailand, but I only ate in Malaysia before that)

26. Ate TWG Tea ice cream for the very first time

Conclusion: 2023 is a year filled with unforgettable first-time experiences, unexpected fun and dreams come true moments.


Where I have travelled in the year 2023?

1. Jeju City, Jeju-do, South Korea

2. Jeolmul Natural Forest, Jeju-do, South Korea

3. Gwangchigi Beach, Jeju-do, South Korea

4. Seongeup Folk Village, Jeju-do, South Korea (33.39°N 126.80°E, currently the southernmost place I reached in South Korea)

5. Seongsan Ilchulbong, Jeju-do, South Korea (UNESCO World Natural Heritage site)

6. Manjanggul Lava Tube, Jeju-do, South Korea (UNESCO World Natural Heritage site)

7. Daegwallyeong-myeon, Pyeongchang-gun, Gangwon-do, South Korea(Host City of 2018 Winter Olympics)

8. Daegwallyeong Sky Ranch, Pyeongchang-gun, Gangwon-do, South Korea

9. Mount Seorak, Gangwon-do, South Korea

10. Hwadamsup, Gwangju-si, Gyeonggi-do, South Korea

11. Korean Folk Village, Yongin-si, Gyeonggi-do, South Korea

12. Unification Village, The DMZ, Paju-si, Gyeonggi-do, South Korea 

13. Imjingak Park, The DMZ, Paju-si, Gyeonggi-do, South Korea

14. Dorasan Observatory, The DMZ, Paju-si, Gyeonggi-do, South Korea

15. The 3rd Infiltration Tunnel, The DMZ, Paju-si, Gyeonggi-do, South Korea (37.92°N 126.80°E, currently the northernmost place I reached in South Korea and the world)

16. Misari Speedboat Park, Hanam-si, Gyeonggi-do, South Korea

17. Haneul Park, World Cup Park, Mapo-gu, Seoul, South Korea

18. Olympic Park, Songpa-gu, Seoul, South Korea

19. Deoksugung Stonewall Walkway, Jung-gu, Seoul, South Korea

20. Incheon International Airport, South Korea

21. Gimpo International Airport, South Korea

22. Jeju International Airport, South Korea

23. Don Mueang International Airport, Thailand

24. Krung Thep Aphiwat Central Terminal, Bangkok, Thailand

25. Hilton Hua Hin Resort and Spa, Hua Hin, Prachuap Khiri Khan, Thailand

26. Hua Hin Marriott Resort & Spa, Hua Hin, Prachuap Khiri Khan, Thailand

28. Hua Hin Night Market, Hua Hin, Prachuap Khiri Khan, Thailand

29. Cicada Market, Hua Hin, Prachuap Khiri Khan, Thailand

30. Siam Venezia, Phetchaburi, Thailand

31. Redang Island, Terengganu

32. Kuala Terengganu Drawbridge, Kuala Terengganu, Terengganu

33. Crystal Mosque, Kuala Terengganu, Terengganu


34.   Sultan Mahmud Airport, Kuala Terengganu, Terengganu

35. Genting Skyworld, Genting Highland, Pahang


36. Chin Swee Caves Temple, Genting Highland, Pahang

37. Sam Poh Footprint Temple, Batu Maung, Penang

38. Penang War Museum, Batu Maung, Penang

39. Balik Pulau paddy field, Penang

40. Penang International Airport, Penang

41. Pangkalan Sultan Abdul Halim Ferry Terminal, Butterworth, Penang 

42. Mangrove Point, Port Klang, Selangor 

43. Hotel Maya, KL

44. Pacific Express Hotel, KL

45. The Freedom Club Hostel KL

46. Eslite Spectrum Kuala Lumpur

47. BookXcess The Garden Rooftop, KL

48. Muzium Orang Asli, Gombak, KL

49. Muzium Seni Kraf Orang Asli, KL

50. Saloma Link, KL

51. Taman Midah Night Market, KL, a night market that I hadn't visited for more than a decade


52. Kuala Lumpur Performing Art Centre and Sentul Park for 2 times

53. KLIA 2 airport for 6 times 

Conclusion: This section reached the highest amount of all time, with more than half places in foreign countries, I travelled and explored many new places in 2023, and this is my biggest achievement so far.


Which movie I watched in the year 2023?

1. 《PUSS IN BOOTS: THE LAST WISH》
2. 《THE FABELMANS》
3. 《TITANIC》(25th Anniversary Re-Release)
4. 《毒舌大壮 A GUILTY CONSCIENCE》
5. 《AVATAR: THE WAY OF WATER》
6. 《EVERYTHING EVERYWHERE ALL AT ONCE》
7. 《BARBIE》
8. 《PAST LIVES》
9. 《WISH》
10. 《富都青年 ABANG ADIK》

Conclusion: The year 2016 was the last year I watched more than 10 movies, feel great to achieve 10 movies a year again after 7 years.


When was the most unforgettable day for me in the year 2023?

1. 24 February 2023 - Entered Genting Skyworld theme park, it's hard to believe I can still have fun like a kid in my 30s

2. 16 August 2023 - Travelled to Redang Island, an east coast island that I wanted to go to so much during my teenage.

3. 20 October 2023 – Revisited my favourite country - South Korea after 8 years

4. 21 October 2023 - Reached South Korea - North Korea Border, better known as the 38th parallel in Korea for the first time, and deeply fell in love with my first fall experience

5. 30 October 2023 – Done crossing Seoul, Incheon, Gyeonggi-do, Gangwon-do and Jeju-do, 5 provinces of South Korea in 11 days, re-broaden the area I visited in South Korea, being The Third Tunnel at the 38th parallel is the northernmost place I reached; Seongeup Folk Village at Jeju Island is the southernmost place I reached

6. 27 December 2022 – Travelled Hua Hin, a Thailand beachside town that I wanted to visit for so long


Conclusion: 2023 is a year with 4 seasons for me, from the Genting Highland trip in Spring, the Redang Island trip in Summer, the South Korea Trip in Autumn, and the Thailand Trip in Winter.

All I can say is that 2023 has been the best year of my 2020s. Thank you so much for creating these unforgettable memories, you guys mean the world to me and let's have an amazing time together in 2024.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Appreciation

Song of the Latest Post