Saturday 7 April 2012

TITANIC, The Unsinkable Memories....

In 1912, A gigantic ship name Titanic sank after it collided with an iceberg. TITANIC 3D chose to show in 2012 to commemorate the sank of Titanic a century ago.

TITANIC, this blockbuster movie was released in 1998, I was a Standard 1 student that year…… I do remember how addicted and crazy people were to TITANIC that year; My classmate, my seniors, and everyone can sing the TITANIC theme song – My Heart Will Go On; My computer class teacher switched all the mouse pads in the computer laboratory into TITANIC mouse pad; My father suddenly bought a Celine Dion CD; Girls wish to marry a guy like Leonardo DiCaprio (Actually I wish my husband is him too... XD)......  All of these are the sign of the TITANIC culture 14 years ago, I don’t know if this culture going to return again after 14 years?


I already watch it for 4 times, and although it’s the same movie, the experience is different every time I watch it…… The first time I watch TITANIC in the cinema, I nearly fall asleep when watching the first half part, in the end, I just know the ship sinking is horrible......


The second time I watch was after 8 years after the first time I watch, as a 15 years old girl I was touched by the romance, touching but sad love story of Jack and Rose.....


The third time I watch was Christmas 2009, at that time AVATAR was so popular and I just discovered that TITANIC and AVATAR share the same director – James Cameron, I began to admire James Cameron after that…

… Today was the fourth time I watch TITANIC, I realize the sinking of Titanic….. There is a businessman who kept urging the captain to drive the ship faster the reason wants to break the world record – as the fastest ship in the world, however, his impatient has become the main factor in the sinking of Titanic….. On the other hand, a reality society has barely shown from the sinking of Titanic, the rich one get to ride on the emergency boat, while the poor one died in the freezing sea……


Speaking about the love between Jack and Rose, I cry out when Rose let go of Jack’s hand when he died, just not to let go of her promise to Jack……



"I don't know about you, but I intend on writing a strongly worded letter to the White Star Line about all of this. You're gonna go on, and make lots of babies, and watch them grow. You're gonna die an old lady, warm in her bed. Not here, not this night. Do you understand me? Winning that ticket, Rose, was the best thing that ever happened to me... it brought me to you. And I'm thankful for that, Rose. I'm thankful. You must do me this honor, Rose. Promise me you'll survive. That you won't give up, no matter what happens, no matter how hopeless. Promise me now, Rose, and never let go of that promise. "

"When the ship docks, I will go with you…… " 


As Rose promised, Jack and Rose were supposed to live happily ever after the Titanic reach New York City, they never expect that the Titanic will never dock…… I feel sad when I watch the scene Rose stared at the Statue of Liberty alone in the rain…..


Decades have elapsed, Rose is now an old lady….. Although Titanic has sunk a long time ago, all the memories with Jack will never sink ….. I was wondering why she let go of the blue diamond necklace, it’s just an accident?  Perhaps I will understand next time I watch……



The 3D effect in TITANIC didn't seem very obvious to me, perhaps I was too focused on the story……


Spent RM 20 to watch a movie that I already watch 3 times and watch with tissues and tears, is it worth it? Hmm~  I should think about it seriously…..

No comments:

Post a Comment

Appreciation

Song of the Latest Post