Wednesday 15 May 2013

LES MISERABLES MUSICAL THEATER UPM Behind The Scene


"Denaturation?What? Yu Qian denaturation?!"

This is what people surprise and respond when I upload this photo as my profile picture on Facebook...

Well, people, calm down please, although I do consider about denaturation surgery before... =P

Okay, the truth is I involved in a theater recently......

"Seriously, Yu Qian? You play as Jack Sparrow? You look handsome, Man!"

Thanks for the praising however there is no any PIRATES OF THE CARRIBEAN musical play in UPM. I guess no one could guess correctly what theater I involved in, well the answer is stated in the title of this blog.

If you really I have a good looking like Johnny Depp, then you guys have to praise this guy - Yew Hong. Although he is not a professional make up artist, he is a true artist! He makes me his masterpiece! Thanks Yew Hong for making me as handsome as Johnny Depp today!



If I were a boy, I must be very narcissistic!

Back to the main story, this musical play on LES MISERABLES presented by The Miserables under the class BBL3401 Play Production class. It has shown on tonight and tomorrow night at Panggung Percubaan.

But now I'm not going to speak anything about the show, let me save the story until tomorrow night. I will reveal it after the show ends.

Of course, I'm not going to end my blog right now, I'm going to share some photo and stories behind the scene.
 

Recall back the time I enter the audition room, I can't believe I really do that. I was busy with the Pesta Angpau UPM final stage that time, I can't remember what makes me decide to enter this that time. Surprisingly, I met another silly guy at the audition... Ng Teck Wee, the assistant director of Internal Affair of Pesta Angpau.



We were asked to sing any of the songs in the audition. Teck Wee sing RED AND BLACK while I sing DO YOU HEAR THE PEOPLE SING in the audition, at last, both of us are recruited. He will play as Combeferre while I play as Grantaire, which mean our relationship is comrade and we will act in the same scene too.




Actually, my desire character is Madame Thénardier and Éponine. I guess they don't want to waste my handsome face, that's why I got Grantaire.


After the audition, the next one will be a training session. We have to undergo physical training and voice training to perform well on the stage.




Script book

Practicing RED & BLACK...


They also arranged a talk which was conduct by veteran actress name Jo Kukathas. she is a great actress., I can't believe I have a chance to listen to her talk one day. I watched one of her commercials before.






While the actor and actress are busy with practice, the posters, the costumes, the props are in the progress too.

Beautiful poster by our Marius...
The tricolor France flag


Part of the backdrop


And this week is the full rehearsal!!!!



Oops! I should stop sharing the rehearsal photos... Let's see the photos behind the stage.

Our priest...
"Lord knows~
Dreams are hard to follow~"



Arrogant police! 


The policeman who never hear what the people sing!


Don't force me to shoot you! 

Marius vs Policeman!

My dear comrade - Marius, but he seems like daydreaming...
Marius, wake up!

What's wrong today?

You look as if you've seen a ghost.

Some wine and say what's going on! 


My comrade just realize I'm a girl!
(Neh~ This is not Mulan musical lah~)

When Grantaire meets Mr. Thenadier! This is totally exclusive in UPM Les Miserable musical theatre, it was not happening in the movie version.

LES MISERABLE musical pianist 피트씨!

International team!
Chinese + Kadazandusun+ Indian + Korean! 


Cosette and Peter look like brother and sister! 

My very 1st photo with Korean guy!

Little Cosette who stay in the castle on the cloud... 

The seat for the audience. I believe tomorrow seats will as full as tonight.





GAMBATEH! LES MIS!

Let me end up this post with our poster and trailer......



No comments:

Post a Comment

Appreciation

Song of the Latest Post