Wednesday 4 December 2013

BEAUTY & THE BEAST MUSICAL THEATER UPM

BBL3401 Play Production has a new show staging this semester, which is BEAUTY & THE BEAST Musical Theater UPM. Since I have experience in LES MISERABLE Musical Theater previous semester which is under this production too, hence the previous cast and crew such as Li Yuan, Karene, Taylor, Teck Wee, and Kwan Sik ask me to attend this theater audition in the early of this semester. However, I reject it due to the heavy 21 credit hours of this semester. I promise them I will come to support no matter how busy I am during the staging day......

... And finally today is the staging day of BEAUTY & THE BEAST Musical Theater, the day I have to fulfill my promise, and I do keep the promise. Not only keeping the promise, but I also bring a friend - Annie to here. There are 2 days of staging, we pick the first day.


BEAUTY & THE BEAST Musical Theater begins at 8pm sharp, it begins with the arrivals of VIPs and the official trailer and behind the scene video clip. Next, it's the opening performance by a girl name Nur Afiqah. She goes up to stage shyly, but once she plays guitar and sing, she just looks as cool as Yuna, what a talented girl!



8.30pm, the theater finally start. I guess everyone knows BEAUTY & THE BEAST is a fairy tale about the love between a beast and a beautiful girl named Belle (Esther). Belle is a beautiful young girl who lives with her father, Gaston (Taylor >~<)is a famous guy who drives the whole town girls crazy, however, Belle is the only girl Gaston admire.





















One day, Belle's father trespassing the Beast's castle. The Beast was so angry and imprison him.


To save her father, Belle willing to replace her father from being punished. Her father is free, while she has to stay in the castle with Beast, together with the Beast servants which are lived furniture sets. Initially, Belle is sad for leaving her family and doesn't want to see the Beast. However, she later has fun and befriends with the Beast's servants







One night, Belle runs away from the castle, but she attacked by a pack of wolves. The Beast injured when he is fighting with the wolves, Belle nurses his wounds, and he begins to develop feelings for her. Belle thanks him for saving her life and he impresses her by giving her the castle's vast library. As they spend more time together, they grow closer.



On the other hand, Gaston who admires Belle realizes she is staying with the Beast in the castle. Realizing that Belle has feelings for the Beast, Gaston warns the townspeople that the Beast is a man-eating monster that must be killed, and leads them to the castle.





Together with the villagers, they entered the castle and Gaston managed to stab the Beast with a knife. Belle finally admits that she was actually in love with the Beast after the Beast told her that his final wish to meet her become true before his death.





An enchantress came and transformed the Beast into a young handsome man. Then Belle realized that the Beast was actually a prince who cursed when he was young. The transformation also changed the servants to be humans again. Belle and the Beast, which is Prince Adam now, got married and lived happily ever after.

... Happily ever after, that is the ending of the fairy tale. Now is the photography session with the cast.


Prince Adam and me living happily ever after the show... =P

Belle's father

Many LES MISERABLES cast was involved in this musical too, I can say that tonight is the gathering for LES MISERABLES cast too!

It's Cosette! She is the dancer tonight!


She is my comrade during the rebellion in Les Mis, tonight she is one of the girls who crazy for Gaston!


Sayid is my best comrade in rebellion, we fight until the end together in Les Mis, tonight she is the Feather Duster.

Li Yuan! The Fantine who sing I DREAMED A Dream perfectly in LES MIS, tonight she is also a girl who crazy for Gaston...

Taylor, why you always act as antagonist har? Tonight he is the Gaston, he is the pervert foreman in Les Mis.

Jak Kee the Lafou of tonight, he is the evil Barmatabos in Les Miserable.
"I will make you suffer!"


 Karene, the factory woman and student rebels in Les Mis, she doesn't whole any character tonight but she is the stage manager tonight! Karene, you are the best!


Guess who is he? Andy, Mr. Thenadier in Les Mis. He is just an audience like me, he came to support even though he has graduated this semester.


I'm happy and sad after watching BEAUTY & THE BEAST Musical Theater tonight. I'm sad because I'm not a part of the cast in this musical. I so regret not joining. There is nothing I join this semester, the only things I do is fill my schedule with classes in the morning, went to the library in the afternoon and sleeping in my hostel at midnight. How can I made my 5th semester that miserable. There are no special memories in this semester at all. Without co-curricular activity, my semester ends up meaningless. I shouldn't drive myself so miserable next semester.

There is a theater class in an English course and Malay course, why it doesn't appear in our course. Wasn't it great if our course has a subject,, it would be much much better than hiding ourselves in the library to complete our heavy assignment.

According to Karene, there is no show in Play Production next semester, but there will be another in our 7th semester. Annie and I decide to join the theater next time. University life is not just a life of completing assignments and final year project, don't you think so?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Appreciation

Song of the Latest Post