Thursday 3 January 2013

Fight, Dream, Hope, Love

TITAS is the worst university course I sit before, the question in the paper isn't related to what we study also!

I don't care, it's over, it's already passed. Lantaklah kau, TITAS. I'm packing my stuff, I'm going to enjoy my dinner at home tonight and prepare for my next paper on 8 January. 

Before I go back home, I bring my baggage and meet Edwin Yee senior at the bus stop, he bought 2 LES MISERABLE movie tickets, hehez~

Honestly, I don't like to call people English name because most friends share the same English name, so it's better I call him Hsien Loong senior... Come on, our parents do give us a nice Chinese name isn't it? (He's name is cool, same with the prime minister of Singapore, but not the surname.)

What brings us to watch a movie together? The answer is LES MISERABLE, tada! (Ouch~!) Ok ok, I mean Facebook conversation. I get to know about the screening of this movie from Fook Hee when we watch LIFE OF PI, he and Teck Wee ask me to join them watching this during the first day of screening in study week, but I choose to reject and stay at home during the whole study week. I know if I stay in a hostel on study week, there will be many seductions stop me from focusing on studies.

However, I really really want to watch LES MISERABLE, I want it so much, I love musical movie, such as OLIVER TWIST, ANNIE, MAMMA MIA, THE SOUND OF MUSICPERHAPS LOVE... (>~<) Then, I ask my friend to watch this movie together, but most of them give negative respond...

"Are you serious? Every dialogue is a song, then it's must be a boring movie..."

Till New Year, Hsien Loong senior post about LES MISERABLE in Facebook, then only I know there are still people love a musical movie like me, in Chinese we always this kind of friend as Know Music (知音) which mean sharing the same hobby.





Yea~ Watching movie with my Know Music, hehez~ Before that we eat our lunch first, using the voucher I got during Pesta Tanglung UM, but the rice I eat isn't nice at all, perhaps I pick the wrong dishes.


Finally, it's time to enter the cinema for LES MISERABLE, but the cinema is crowded and Hsien Loong senior are forced to sit beside a troublesome old man. Most of the time he lost his concentration on watching the movie, I felt sorry for him. (>.<)

After all, LES MISERABLE is still a very nice movie! Every song in this movie suits the story and it's totally brilliant! LES MISERABLE is a patriotic story, it talks about fight, dream, hope, and love.

FIGHT
Student fight for country liberty, they are brave, they are not afraid of death, what they want is just a revolution that can turn their country better in the future. This is called patriotism, a patriotism that most of the Malaysian students lack. One character that impresses me a lot is the kid who acts as Gavroche - the spirited young kid who exudes leadership, strength, and bravery. His rendition is wonderful! Among all the song in the movie, I like DO YOU HEAR THE PEOPLE SING the most. This song brings out a lot of fighting spirit!



Do you hear the people sing?
Singing the song of angry men?
It is the music of the people
Who will not be slaves again!
When the beating of your heart
Echoes the beating of the drums
There is a life about to start
When tomorrow comes!

Will you join in our crusade?
Who will be strong and stand with me?
Beyond the barricade
Is there a world you long to see?

Then join in the fight
That will give you the right to be free!

Do you hear the people sing?
Singing the song of angry men?
It is the music of a people
Who will not be slaves again!
When the beating of your heart
Echoes the beating of the drums
There is a life about to start
When tomorrow comes!



DREAM
I know Susan Boyle has sung I DREAMED A DREAM perfectly, but I never know this song comes from LES MISERABLE. Fantine dream to have a perfect lover and blissful life when she sings out I DREAMED A DREAM and dream to meet her daughter - Cosette before she died; Cosette dream to have a nice and gentle parents when she sings CASTLE ON A CLOUD; Eponine dream that Marius in love with her although she realizes Cosette was the young girl Marius fall in love to, she shed a couple of tears and sing out ON MY OWN... The story about the dream in LES MISERABLE are mostly sad, but there is nothing wrong to have a dream, isn't it? 




HOPE
If a dream exists, that means hope too. Although the background of LES MISERABLE happened during the dark ages, as we can see, everyone is still hoping for a better future, we can listen to their hopeful voice from the song ONE DAY MORE in the movie




VALJEAN
One day more!
Another day, another destiny.
This never-ending road to Calvary;
This man who seem to know my crime
Will surely come a second time.
 One day more!


MARIUS & COSETTE

Tomorrow you'll be worlds away

And yet with you, my world has started!


EPONINE
One more day all on my own.

MARIUS & COSETTE
Will we ever meet again?

EPONINE
One more day with him not caring.

MARIUS & COSETTE
I was born to be with you.

EPONINE
What a life I might have known.

MARIUS & COSETTE
And I swear I will be true!

EPONINE
But he never saw me there!

ENJOLRAS
One more day before the storm!

MARIUS
Do I follow where she goes?

ENJOLRAS
At the barricades of freedom.

MARIUS
Shall I join my brothers there?

ENJOLRAS
When our ranks begin to form

MARIUS
Do I stay; and do I dare?

ENJOLRAS
Will you take your place with me?

ALL
The time is now, the day is here!

VALJEAN
One day more!

JAVERT
One more day to revolution,
We will nip it in the bud!
I will join these little schoolboys
They will wet themselves with blood!

VALJEAN
One day more!

M. & MME. THENARDIER
Watch 'em run amuck,
Catch 'em as they fall,
Never know your luck
When there's a free for all,
Here a little `dip'
They're a little `touch'
Most of them are goners
So they won't miss much!

Students 
One day to a new beginning
Raise the flag of freedom high!
Every man will be a king
Every man will be a king
There's a new world for the winning
There's a new world to be won

ALL
Do you hear the people sing?

MARIUS
My place is here, I fight with you!

VALJEAN
One day more!

MARIUS & COSETTE
I did not live until today.

EPONINE
One more day all on my own!

MARIUS & COSETTE
How can I live when we are parted?

JAVERT
I will join these people's heroes
I will follow where they go
I will learn their little Secrets,
I will know the things they know.

VALJEAN
One day more!

MARIUS & COSETTE
Tomorrow you'll be worlds away

EPONINE
What a life I might have known!

MARIUS & COSETTE
And yet with you, my world has started

JAVERT
One more day to revolution
We will nip it in the bud
We'll be ready for these Schoolboys

THENARDIERS
Watch 'em run amok
Catch 'em as they fall
Never know your luck
When there's a free-for-all!

VALJEAN
Tomorrow we'll be far away,
Tomorrow is the judgment day

ALL
Tomorrow we'll discover
What our God in Heaven has in store!
One more dawn
One more day
One day more!


LOVE
For the love story in LES MISERABLE, the audience will say love story between Marius and Cosette is romantic and beautiful, but I'm looking for something more - love and sacrifice. The love that Eponine shows to Marius is she willing to pretend as a man, save Marius while he is in danger and die for him. Jean Valjean shows his love to Fantine when he saves her, and promise to take care and raise up Cosette before she died and he really does it all the time; Jean Valjean shows his love to Cosette when he knows Cosette love Marius, and he saves Marius when Marius is injured. After all, what Marius to do Cosette? And what Cosette do to Marius? Ya, they meet, they love at first sight and they sing romantically to each other, that's the love they mean?





... Anyway, I don't trust in love at first sight...


After watching the whole movie, in my opinion, Eponine is the most miserable character. All her miserable was cause by Marius, the man he loves. She loves the man who never looks at her seriously, she dies for the man who never takes care of her feeling at all. Ya, obviously, I dislike Marius, self-centered rich boy, who has little notion of loyalty! Imagine your good friend, who had always been there for you, was shot in front of you, shot because of you, died in your arms, saying all she wanted was for you to be there by her side and everything will be fine, she who is dying is comforting you... Logically, you would only be able to think about her and be devastated about her death but yet this freaking guy was devastated because the love of his life, whom he scarcely knows, whom he just knew a day or two is going off somewhere and he might not see her again. He wanted to die because of that? I mean seriously? He was actually prepared to throw away his fight with his comrades to go to the girl, yayaya~ Love is greater than anything in this world, what the...... 



I think Eponine will live better if she has a life without Marius. My heart seized up when she sings ON MY OWN.


I love him


But every day I'm learning

All my life

I've only been pretending

Without me

His world will go on turning

A world that's full of happiness

That I have never known



I love him

I love him

I love him

But only on my own





Lastly, I will like to talk about my favorite character - Madame Thenadier who plays by Helena Borham Carter. I admire Helena so much! Corpse bride, red queen and etc, she and Johnny Depp are excellent actor and actress! No matter what character they receive, they just portrayed it perfectly! Back to the Madame Thenadier, she is a bad character, she cheats and bullies everyone around her, yet her vivid and hilarious character just makes the audience hard to hate her.








LES MISERABLE, What a nice movie, I hope they grab a couple of Oscar award this year. However, Hsien Loong senior doesn't seem very enjoy the movie, he said he will watch this movie again in a comfort seat next time... Lolz~ Don't feel unhappy, senior, let me bring you to eat dessert, like what my dear friend say, dessert can make people feel happily and blissfully......



Anyway, it's Hsien Loong gor gor bring me to eat the frozen yogurt I'm craving for so long, every scope taste blissful for me, I'm so touching... (..>~<..)

Moo Moo Yogurt is bringing me to heaven...

How long I never eat frozen yogurt? 1, 2, 3....17 months, the very last time I eat frozen yogurt is a month before I enter university, eating with a friend who advises me what to prepare for university and fight for hope and dream in university, he does encourage me a lot......

Ya, a friend that knows more than a decade, this means we didn't meet for 17 months too...

Kinda miss him right now...

I'm fighting in UPM, how are you in USM?




No comments:

Post a Comment

Appreciation

Song of the Latest Post