Tuesday 16 December 2014

UPM Symphony Orchestra Concert - Diversity in December

Diversity in December is the title of this symphony orchestra concert...... Again, I was invited by my drama class friend and also music course friend - Yen Wei to this symphony.

Learning from the past lesson, this time I don't want to come with Benjamin Leong, I choose to come with a whole gang of drama class friend. All of us come to support Yen Wei.





Diversity in December as the title dictates comprise of works representing the varied and assorted pieces of music from all parts of the world. The music representing tonight's theme range from passionate melodies of the German-Russian realm to the light-hearted dances of Spain and China.



I was surprised to hear a collection of local folk songs such as Jambatan Tanparuli, Rasa Sayang, Lenggang Lenggang Kangkung, Ikan Kekek, Dayung Sampan, Jong Jong Inai, Chan Mali Chan and so on, I sing these songs when I was studied in standard 1 and 2, 15 and 16 years ago. However, my favorite piece of tonight is still Rachmaninoff Piano Concerto No. 2 in C Minor, Op. 18.



The symphony orchestra concert last at 10 something, I was so surprised to see my teacher - Madam Ang here, so do her too. She smiles at us and says "Can't believe you will attend too, this is how you should enjoy your university life. " Well, I'm a lot more different from my typical classmate.

Symphony orchestra concert is over, Benjamin Leong who promised to come never present at last......

After the concert, we go to supper. Instead of cafe or Mamak stall, we choose to sit on asphalt road, eating Kolej Serumpun burger. We talk crazily, laugh crazily until midnight. Come on, it's Week 14. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Appreciation

Song of the Latest Post