Wednesday 23 April 2014

Global Village UPM 2014: See the WORLD, make a DIFFERENCE

AIESEC Night was the last AIESEC activity I joined, it was actually 5 semesters ago, where the time that I'm just entered university. I remember I wanted to join AIESEC after that activity, I want to participate the student exchange program they organize, however, 2 and a half year elapsed, next semester will be my final semester, I'm still standing outside the door of AIESEC.

Tonight, I make a step into the second AIESEC activity - Global Village UPM 2014: See the WORLD, make a DIFFERENCE, to see which country I have missed out to be exchange student...

Laos, Italy, Switzerland, Japan, Mexico...=D






... Taiwan... It recalls a sad story of me... =(

... Korea... I'm coming soon... =)



I visit every country booth, and It's fun to fool around with the Korean guy, in the same time, I miss my Korean friends - Juna Oh, Kwan Sik and Woo Jin...


Besides the booth visit, there is a sharing session by a student who experiences the student exchange program before. kinda regret not joining any student exchange program in the previous semester.

...But, there is one thing I never regret - joining events and societies in the university.  Inspired by "University is not just about the study" that was told by a speaker at AIESEC Night in the first semester, I joined various societies and event and these have made my university splendid! I'm glad that I didn't follow most of my coursemate spend most of the time in room after class for study, computer games or boiling dramas.   
  
I met the K17 3 Musketeer - Alvin, Teddy, and Chun Wei at here, and I know why they purposely come far from K17 to here... Yea, it's because of the guest speaker tonight - Owen Yap! Yes, it's the 8TV Mandarin News newscaster Mr. Owen Yap. I guess the Chinese community does know him well.




Of course, Owen Yap is not going to read out any national news here, but to share his experience at the foreign countries he went before, and to give tips and advice to those who would like to travel to the foreign country.



Alvin, Teddy, Chun Wei and I  was so lucky to sit at the first row, which means Owen Yap is just talking right in front of us!



Alvin is Owen Yap's superfans, and now he is sitting at the closest place to Owen Yap, I believe Alvin is the most blissful audience at here tonight.




Owen Yap is a humourous person, audience laughter fills up the air in the Global Village tonight.



During the Q&A session, I just realize one of the questions was made by my senior - Chee Wee, who is a famous backpacker traveler in our course. This is the first time I met him after his convocation, I'm so surprised to meet him again in UPM, I thought we would never have a chance to meet again.





Lastly was the closing ceremony  Owen Yap was invited to draw out the lucky draw winner of tonight, the winner will receive a mysterious prize and have a chance to shake Owen Yap hand. Guess what, Alvin, Teddy and Yen Ni were among the lucky 3 winners...





... Right now, I believe tonight is the most blissful night for Alvin,  probably he couldn't sleep due to over blissful... =P

I think tonight I'm lucky enough too, I get to sit in the front most seat which is so close to Owen Yap, I get to listen to such interesting speech and benefit from it, and I also have a chance to take a photo with Owen Yap!







What a great night, however, insomnia was Alvin's matter, I'm going to have a nice dream tonight.

I go to bed now, I would like to end up my post by sharing a meaningful quote from Owen Yap's Facebook page recently...



“时间会把最正确的人带到你身边,在此之前,你所要做的,是好好照顾自己。”
让自己在最好的状态,遇上最对的人。你是谁就会遇见谁。 


Do not be in a hurry, the right one will come at last. Be prepared.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Appreciation

Song of the Latest Post